FOUNDATIONS FOR COUNSELLING MINISTRY
A six month-course divided in Lecture Phase and Outreach. During the Outreach, students apply the principles and values received in the lecture phase within churches and various locations such as homeless shelters, work with vulnerable women and more.
This is a Second level school, which means that you must have done a DTS to be able to apply.
“Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them and reveal to them abundance of prosperity and security. I will restore the fortunes of Judah and the fortunes of Israel, and rebuild them as they were at first. I will cleanse them from all the guilt of their sin against me, and I will forgive the guilt of their sin and rebellion against me. And this city shall be to me a name of joy, a Praise and a glory before all the nations of the earth who shall hear of all the good that I do for them. They shall fear and tremble because of all the good and all the prosperity I provide for it.” Jeremiah 33:6-9
A key aspect of this school is allowing God to bring personal healing in order to help others. We believe that this starts with our relationship with God, and as we go deeper and receive more wisdom and truth you will be able to see the restoration occur. Our foundations and principles are all based on the Bible, and we strongly believe that all transformation and healing happens through the Holy Spirit and his guidance.
During the length of the course there will be someone walking side by side in your process through discipleship, where you can process, learn, and put into practice accountability of the things you are receiving. Our aim is to bring awareness towards biblical counselling and active listening, as well as give you tools that can be beneficial for your life and ministry development.
- Divine plumb-line
- This topic is the backbone of the entire school. We talk about the walls we build around our heart, and how as a result it leads is to react in either rejection or rebellion. Another part of this teaching is repentance and forgiveness as well as how to rebuild the walls we have built, in alignment to the truth and love we receive through Christ.
- Renewal of the mind
- Restoration of emotions
- Grace and Truth
- Finding a balance between what we know and understand about grace and the revelation that god provides through his word and the Holy Spirit about grace.
- Looking at God’s given identity and original design intended for us.
- How to develop healthy boundaries and relationships with people. What is the biblical standard that God sets for us as men and women.
- Active listening
- Learning how to listen in a proactive way, which is a key counselling tool.
- Prevention and healing.
- Family structures
- What the different dynamics in families are and how the roles we partake in affect us and shape us into who we are and who we should be.
Activities during school lecture:
- Interactive teachings
- Small groups
- Processing time through journaling
- Academic assignments (may differ every time)
- Developing your own teaching
- Participating in mercy ministries
- Outreach phase:
The goal is to put in practice and to share with others the tools and wisdom received during the lecture. We will work together with churches and different ministries, helping to expand our visions and exercise our character. Our heart is that you may grow towards godly compassion to others, as well as going deeper in your relationship and personal growth with God. During this time you will also have to teach different topics that you have learnt in the lecture phase as a part of the curriculum. This is a time to see God’s hand move and work through you and through your team collectively through your serving and blessing others.
Next School: January 2020
Registration Fee £ 50
Lecture Phase £ 2,500
Three-month classroom segment. you will have lectures, discussions, workshops, small group interactions and personal study. The community of students and staff provides an environment where you can apply your Biblical counselling skills.
Outreach Phase £ 1,600
Hands-on time! You will put into practice within a mission field setting the skills that you gained during lecture phase
To Apply for the School please fill the application form by clicking on the button below. You will also have to fill out the Medical reference form. This form is sent directly to our Medical officer, a professional acknowledged by the National Health Service working along side our mission.
You will also need references from:
1-Your DTS Leader.
3-A Mature Friend (who has known you for at least 3 years).
Simply send the link of the page to your referees so they can click on the correspondent button and fill in the reference for you